VP of Lending
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position directs and coordinates all lending activities within the credit union, insuring compliance with credit union lending policy; assists in development of lending policy; and manages lending activity to meet credit union goals and objectives. This role is also responsible for directing and administration of the collections department to ensure the credit union meets established goals and objectives with respect to collections.
- Directs and monitors lending operations for the entire credit union, inclusive of consumer, mortgage, and commercial lending, through subordinate managers/supervisors, to insure that the credit union meets established goals and objectives with respect to lending. Monitors product delivery and quality and takes action to resolve problems. Directs the administration of the collections department through the Collections Manager.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for and implements lending program policy and strategy; leads activity related to new product development with respect to lending programs.
- Participates in establishment of annual department budget and monitors performance to budget throughout the year; establishes annual sales goals (in conjunction with marketing) for lending programs and initiates action to achieve established goals.
- Arranges for loan applications to go to the credit manager. Provides an overview and recommendations for the credit manager.
- Prepares department scheduling, periodic loan department updates, and periodic reports for management's financial and operational reports including; new loan report, asset/liability report, loan officer statistical report, commercial potential problem loans reports.
- Examines, evaluates, authorizes or recommends approval of member applications for consumer loans and lines of credit. Reviews periodically for required updated financial information and field visits.
- Analyzes loan data reports for any corrective action.
- Ensures the credit union is in compliance with all lending regulations; develops procedural changes as compliance requires or new programs demand.
- Serves as a member of the Asset/Liability Committee to develop operating procedures that assure the credit union maintains sufficient levels of capital, liquidity and pricing spreads.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- To maintain a highly qualified staff, sufficient to meet the daily lending demands for members.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- Ensure the department meets loan goals
- Ensure that all lending activity is within established policies and guidelines
- Keep management informed regarding key operational issues affectiving the department
- Complete performance reviewed within prescribed time frame
- Establish and achieve management development objectives for individual managers
- Maintain knowledge with training
Knowledge and Skills:
Eight to ten years similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace