Teller/MSR - Part-time - Lauderhill
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Part-Time
Part-time Teller/MSR - Lauderhill
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Teller-MSR to join our team at our Lauderhill Branch at Bright Star Credit Union!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” through the knowledge and use of sales skills learned in “Becoming a Sales Champion” and measured by “Quality Loop Scores.” Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” and measured by our “Internal Service Surveys”.
- Process appropriate percentage of teller transactions for the branch as defined by branch management, with a high degree of accuracy within the limits of the over/short policy. Use sales referral skills and input referrals in StarTrack.
- Process appropriate percentage of new account, account maintenance and loan production as defined by branch management, with a high degree of “Quality Assurance” accuracy within the limits of the credit union policy. Use sales skills to uncover Member needs and provide credit union solutions. Use sales closing skills and input sales in StarTrack.
- Dependability – Accomplishes workload responsibilities in a timely manner without prompting. Takes initiative to manage and communicate absence and/or leave appropriately.
- Meet or exceed ancillary product sales goals: loan protection, VSA, GAP and CUSO Financial Services referrals.
- Attitude – Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management. Demonstrates professionalism, an optimistic and team-oriented approach to work with high integrity. Maintains a professional business image and utilizes effective communication skills when representing BrightStar Credit Union.
- Complies with Credit Union policies and procedures (including BSA/US Patriots Act, OFAC, security policy and confidentiality policy), government regulations and other policy and procedures related to position.
- Attend required training as directed by management. Proactively seek knowledge of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Six months of similar or related Teller experience
• High school education or GED
• Must be proficient with 10-key calculators and keyboarding
• Must have excellent communication skills
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar is a Drug Free Workplace.