Teller/MSR Floater - Part-Time
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Part-Time
Teller- MSR Part-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Teller/MSR - Floater to join our team at Bright Star Credit Union!
This position works in partnership with branch locations providing teller, platform and member services support. The ideal candidate must possess a helpful, positive and flexible attitude, able to work with a variety of managers and peers. The general schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, however may be required to rotate on the opening/closing and/or Saturday schedule. The schedule involves working from different locations, therefore flexibility and dependability will be key.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” through the knowledge and use of sales skills learned in “Becoming a Sales Champion” and measured by Member Experience Survey Scores. Provide outstanding “Quality Member Service” as defined in our “Service Promises” and measured by our “Internal Service Surveys”.
- Perform teller duties and other related duties as assigned (to include safe deposit boxes and end of the day branch balancing).
- Process appropriate percentage of teller transactions for the branch as defined by branch management with a high degree of accuracy and within the limits of the over/short policy. Use sales referral skills and input referrals in StarTrack.
- Process appropriate percentage of new account, account maintenance and loan production as defined by branch management, with a high degree of “Quality Assurance” accuracy within the limits of the credit union policy. Use sales skills to uncover Member needs and provide credit union solutions. Use sales closing skills and input sales in StarTrack.
- Dependability – Accomplishes workload responsibilities in a timely manner without prompting. Takes initiative to manage and communicate absence and/or leave appropriately.
- Meet or exceed ancillary product sales goals: loan protection, VSA, GAP and CUSO Financial Services referrals.
- Attitude – Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management. Demonstrates professionalism, an optimistic and team-oriented approach to work with high integrity.
- Complies with Credit Union policies and procedures (including BSA/US Patriots Act, OFAC, security policy and confidentiality policy), government regulations and other policy and procedures related to position.
- Attend required training as directed by management. Proactively seek knowledge of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services.
- Open and close accounts, answer member questions and resolve member problems that are within their authority to resolve. Complete maintenance on accounts (to include ATM/Debit card ordering, disputes, fraud, payroll or direct deposit issues, call 24 and pc banking).
- Promote all BSCU products and services including but not limited to BSCU extended products, mortgages, and investments.
- Responsible for keeping an organized workstation.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- High school education or GED
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculators and keyboarding
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have cash handling experience
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar is a Drug Free Workplace.