Teller - Lauderhill
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Teller/MSR to join our team at our Lauderhill Branch at Bright Star Credit Union!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately process deposits (including night depository), withdrawals, check cashing, money orders, traveler’s checks, official/cashier checks, coin redemption, loan disbursements, loan payments, ATM card pinning, IRA transactions, and credit card advances and payments. Should be able to balance consistently and in a timely manner.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and services. Assists members with information and promotes all BRIGHTSTAR CREDIT UNION products and services.
- Assists in performing all end of day branch balancing including but not limited to the following: Money orders, official/cashiers checks, credit card advances, travelers check’s, ensuring checks are balanced, scanned and placed in courier box.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Six months of similar or related Teller experience
- High school education or GED
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculators and keyboarding
- Must have excellent communication skills
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time