- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking a Systems Analyst to join the team!
The System Analyst role is to manage computer software systems, servers and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with credit union strategic goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations.
- Maintain security system baselines, patch and security configuration management, as well as documentation and logs.
- Maintain user and system privileges and the logging of setup and changes.
- Assist in the backup of all computer systems and documentation of such.
- Maintain communication lines and data circuits, obtaining repairs when needed and documentation of such.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and storage devices.
- Install, configure and maintain the VOIP phone system.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Monitor systems as directed for performance and misuse and report misuse to supervisors.
- Provide technical support to staff with questions or problems on hardware or software applications.
- Maintain current knowledge of computer technology and applications and make suggestions for improvement as applicable.
- Assist in staff training in basic application functions and use of devices.
- Maintain applicable data manuals and network application processing documentation.
- Maintain updated network documentation and topology diagrams.
- Process daily data jobs as assigned.
- Identify data processing exceptions and notify appropriate personnel.
- Recognize and solve basic computer-related problems and log all malfunctions of system and peripheral equipment.
- Participate in the inspection and maintenance of all computer hardware in accordance with the established schedule.
- Update Information Systems logs and records including but not limited to network and non-network software licenses, system issues or downtime, software programs and updates, equipment purchases and installations, malfunctions and repairs, upgrades, etc.
- Answer after hours alarm calls and work non-scheduled hours as needed.
- Education/Training/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Skills/Abilities/Knowledge:5-7 years of system administration experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols
- Operational knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Operational knowledge of VMWare administration and configuration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Vision requirements include close and classroom vision. Periodically required to travel by automobile. Periodically required to work other than normal business hours.
Disclaimer This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the Credit Union.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.