System Support Specialist
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our employees and helping them reach their full potential. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced, and service-oriented. We offer a collaborative office culture and an engaging atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a System Support Specialist to join our IT team at our
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service and providing and maintaining high-quality information technology infrastructure and platforms for the organization.
What we can offer you:
Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Long-term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
401K Plan with generous matching
Paid Time Off
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Advancement Opportunities - Career Development
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
BSCU Financial Discounts
Recognize and Reward Hard Work
Other Bonus Opportunities based on company performance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- End-User Service & Support:
- Provide first-line support to end-users, addressing hardware, software, and all other information technology issues.
- Respond to end-user inquiries and troubleshoot problems via the help desk, phones, email, or in person.
- Assist end-users with login issues, password resets, and all other information technology concerns.
- Hardware and Software Maintenance:
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems, servers, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct regular hardware and software updates and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to hardware and software malfunctions.
- System Monitoring and Optimization:
- Monitor system performance, ensuring optimal functionality and identifying potential bottlenecks.
- Implement performance tuning and optimization measures to enhance overall system efficiency.
- Network Support:
- Assist in the setup, configuration, and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and ensure the availability of network resources.
- Collaborate with network administrators to resolve complex network problems.
- Security Compliance:
- Implement and enforce security measures to protect systems and data.
- Keep systems updated with the latest security patches and antivirus definitions.
- Educate users on security best practices and conduct security awareness training.
- Maintain detailed documentation of system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- Create end-user guides and manuals for common issues to facilitate self-help solutions.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Provide outstanding service to each internal staffer and credit union member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Collaborate with other information technology professionals and departments to address cross-functional issues.
- Communicate effectively with users, keeping them informed about the status of their reported issues.
- Backup and Recovery:
- Implement and manage data backup and recovery solutions.
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in the event of system failures.
- Vendor Management:
- Liaise with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues and procure necessary equipment.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and solutions to enhance system performance.
- Training and Support Documentation:
- Conduct training sessions on new systems and software for end-users.
- Develop and update support documentation to empower users to resolve common issues independently.
- Problem Analysis and Resolution:
- Analyze complex technical issues and provide efficient and effective solutions.
- Escalate issues to higher-level support or vendors when necessary.
- The ability to perform independent work and research.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- The ability to retain and protect confidential material.
- The ability to work, travel independently, and use general office equipment.
- The ability to work on-site and remotely.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Education (Required): A college degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or its equivalent through a combination of formal education and work experience.
Experience (Preferred): Two to five years of similar or related experience working in the banking/financial industry.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves contact with immediate associates and beyond, generally regarding routine matters to give or obtain information that may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in aiding and providing information.
Other Skills: A basic understanding of industry information, system, and network security standards.
Employees must uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with B.S.C.U. will consider the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online B.S.A. and O.F.A.C. courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, U.S.A. Patriot Act, O.F.A.C., Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.