- Job ID
- Member Service Center
- Regular Full-Time
Service Agent – Member Service Center
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a (2) Full-Time Service Agents to join the Member Service Center at BrightStar Credit Union!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them our superior products and services. The primary role of a Service Agent is to accept and own incoming telephone calls and online requests, explain services, resolve member problems, cross-sell, upsell and direct calls/requests to the appropriate area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seek ways to “WOW” and impress members with great service; live BrightStar Credit Union’s Service Mission and Service Promises.
- Provide impressive service to our valued members and potential members by treating them with respect, professionalism and courtesy.
- Sell, cross-sell, up-sell products and services to meet our members and potential member needs as well as assist with meeting our Credit Union’s sales goals.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information, including account information, basic IRA questions, loan questions and more.
- Resolve member problems and disputes; make decisions that are in the best interest of members and the Credit Union; escalate member requests to get resolution as directed.
- Accept and process new memberships, accounts and loan applications.
- Perform transactions for member, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and more.
- Provide assistance to member while navigating through our home banking systems i.e. online banking & Call 24 (touch tone telephone)
- Achieve productivity and other goals and call center metrics as measured by reports and other tools. Perform duties accurately and in a timely manner.
- Be an expert on the Credit Unions products and services, including IRAs, and be able to explain products or services thoroughly to members; be an effective counselor for members; achieve a passing grade on the Product Knowledge Assessment; successfully complete personal development programs and training, such as “BVS” program modules.
- Keep personal member information private and confidential in accordance with our policies; maintain account data integrity.
- Report significant events and issues to your team leader(s) and/or manager for further review and action;
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years of customer service experience in financial industry or related experience (i.e. member/customer service, call center). Credit union or other financial institution experience is preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent i.e. GED
Interpersonal Skills: Professionalism, courtesy, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to provide great service are essential elements of the job. Empathy, the ability to understand member needs, the ability to listen, and the ability to sell are required. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization regarding giving or obtaining information which requires effective and clear verbal communication.
- Pleasant, patient and helpful attitude
- Excellent communication skills, excellent telephone skills, including vocal presentation
- Ability to thrive and be motivated in a goal-oriented environment
- Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of members and the Credit Union
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and handle a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate a personal computer, including a keyboard, mouse, internet browsers and other software; Good analytical & organizational skills; Detail oriented.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace