We are currently seeking Bi-lingual Service Agents to join the Member Service Center at BrightStar Credit Union!
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun. The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. The primary role of a Service Agent is to accept and process telephone and online requests, explain services, resolve problems, sell, and direct calls/requests to the appropriate area - and to perform non-phone duties within specified time frames as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seek ways to “WOW” and impress members with great service, in keeping with BrightStar Credit Union's Service Mission while living our Service Promises.
- Sell Credit Union products and services to meet member and potential member needs.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information, including account information, basic IRA questions, loan questions and more.
- Resolve member problems.
- Accept and process new memberships and account/loan applications.
- Perform transactions for members, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and more.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
One year of call center or related experience (i.e. member/customer service) is required; credit union or other financial institution experience is preferred.
High School diploma
Professionalism, Courtesy, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to provide great service are essential elements of the job. Empathy, the ability to understand member needs, the ability to listen, and the ability to sell are required. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization regarding giving or obtaining information which requires effective and clear verbal communication.
- Excellent telephone skills, including vocal presentation; excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive and be motivated in a goal-oriented environment
- Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of members and the Credit Union
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and handle a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, including a keyboard, mouse, internet browsers and other software.
- Good analytical & organizational skills; detail oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1302