Operations Service Manager
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking an Operations/Service Manager to join our team at our Sunrise Corporate Office!
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
The Operations/Service Manager will team up directly with the Assistant Vice President of Operations, along with other applicable department managers to monitor, coordinate, and work with BSCU employees to ensure operational procedures are being implemented, followed, and administered appropriately. This position will oversee applicable projects within the operations department and with the Assistant VP of Operations on facilitating the security, efficiencies, and ergonomics of the branches. This role will also review all front line procedures, and assist with coordinating and hosting sales and service meetings. The incumbent in this position will collaborate with appropriate branch managers to monitor the sales and service goals of all front line staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Write, review, update, and advise on all operational procedures.
- Serve as a resource in assisting front-line employees with procedures and exceptions if and when applicable.
- Assist with the research, review, and implementation of operational projects. Work alongside the Assistant VP of Operations vendor management and vendor relationships. Work with facilities, risk management, and the operations departments in managing the contracts of all vendors, and ensure appropriate review of agreements in a timely manner.
- Prepare, review and analyze sales and service figures, and report them to the Assistant VP of Operations, applicable managers and staff. Serve as primary reviewer of all BrightStar special accounts; Trusts, Estates, POAs and all other specified account types. Conduct reviews for these types of accounts prior to special circumstance withdrawals and/or exceptions.
- Write, review, administer, and conduct all internal audits for branch operations. Review and prepare monthly analysis in areas such as but not limited to cash carry cost (CETO), branch transaction counts, ATM transaction counts. Propose improvements in operational efficiencies.
- Work with Risk Management for all security issues with branch access, cameras, monitoring, equipment, etc.
- Review and track front line staff requirements for licensees, notary, medallion stamps, etc.
- Assist with training and coaching new operations staff following on-boarding/orientation.
- Maintain knowledge with training:BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, on-line BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Achieves the goals set forth by the board and Senior Management in regards to the service provided to internal members. This will be measured by internal service surveys and other measurement tools.
- Actively participates in achieving the goal of all front line employees gaining and exercising proper procedures knowledge.
- Accomplishes effective, ongoing monitoring of specialty accounts
- Effectively participates with multiple departments and vendors on operational projects.
- Develops, reviews, and updates the front line operational procedures.
- Maintains high level of professionalism in presentations, communication, and work products.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in assisting with the guiding of credit union operations.
- Shows timeliness and proper administrative abilities in completing assigned tasks.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience: 7 to 10 years of professional experience with a minimum of 3 years of direct managerial experience within the financial arena. Proven track record of operational responsibilities.
Education: Operations manager should have a college degree (BS or BA) in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field. Experience commensurate to a college degree may be considered.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves intensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others. Work is centralized in analyzing the operational needs of the credit union and mitigating risk, while encouraging proper service levels to exist in serving the members of the credit union
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.