Office Administration/Front Desk Attendant
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced, and service-oriented.
BrightStar Credit Union’s purpose is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
This position professionally represents the credit union when greeting members and the public on the phone and in person, ensuring they are directed to someone who can assist them.
- Greets and directs office staff and vendors/guests at the point of entry.
- Become familiar with active staff members to ensure the safety of incoming/outgoing traffic at the entry point.
- Oversees package delivery and mail sorting and distribution.
- Responsible for outgoing FedEx and UPS shipments.
- Respond to Facilities/ Security Help Desk tickets.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (maintain a logbook, issue visitor badges, etc.).
- Maintains and orders office supplies for breakrooms and common areas throughout the building.
- Update calendars and schedule inspections and meetings as needed.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Assist with security reports and investigations.
- Manage and organize Facilities/Security SharePoint/Shared files and folders.
- Facilities and security liaison.
- Coordinate with courier services.
- Assist facilities and security department as needed.
- Assist with facilities budget planning, proposal requests, bidding process, due diligence, etc...
- Assist with facilities project scheduling and tracking.
- Assist with emergency evacuation and security training.
- Collaborates with maintenance workers to cover time off shifts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge with B.S.A. Compliance training.
- To provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To answer the telephone and greet all members and associates accurately, courteously, friendly, and professionally.
- To answer all telephone calls with (3) rings and direct all phone calls to the appropriate person with minimum transfers.
- To maintain a professional appearance and demeanor for greeting visitors.
- To maintain all assigned files current, with items filed daily.
Minimum Expectations of Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Minimum of two years of related experience
Education: Minimum of a high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills- Work involves contact with immediate associates and beyond, generally regarding routine matters to give or obtain information that may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors), requiring ordinary courtesy in aiding and providing information.
Other Skills- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must display a confident, friendly voice and good diction. Must be able to work independently and possess excellent telephone and in-person etiquette.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace