Mortgage Loan Originator - Outside
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the chance to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator to join our team!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbor's financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) originates first and second mortgages for current and prospective members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Sources Mortgage and Home Equity (piggy-back seconds) applicants for BrightStar credit union. This includes taking a mortgage and/or home equity application (1003) in the credit union’s LOS system, sending disclosures to the applicant and managing the application pipeline to funding.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by the credit union’s Service Standards and Promises
- Prospect for new business through a variety of sources including, but not limited to real estate agents, closing agents and professional and civic organizations.
- The position will work closely with the applicant, title companies, attorneys and vendors to insure a “best in class” process.
- This position will provide feedback to management as to lending products, guidelines, processes and competitive pricing
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
This is an Outside Mortgage Originator Sales Position that will be primarily measured by the units and dollars funded and how compliant the MLO is in preparing the 1003, sending the up-front disclosures and any other regulatory requirements that the position requires.
Compensation is commensurate to experience and referral network with a range of 50 to 65 basis points of the monthly funded loan volume with guaranteed monthly income range of $3,000 to $5,000 per month.
The Credit Union has a full benefits package which includes the 401K plan. The successful candidate may also have an annual bonus and a signing bonus - commensurate to experience, pipeline and COI.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The position requires the applicant to have an existing center-of-influence;
- Three to five years of inside or outside mortgage lending sales experience;
- Proven track record of mortgage sales experience.
- Knowledge of FNMA underwriting criteria, Desk Top Underwriter (DU), and Encompass LOS system.
- Sales skills and abilities.
- Network of referrals for conforming, FHA, and VA lending opportunities.
- NMLS Licensed or Registered in Good Standing.
- A two year college degree or certification; or
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school; or
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program in Real Estate.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the credit union organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is Drug Free Workplace.