Mortgage Lending Manager
- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Lending Manager to join us in our Lending Department located in Plantation!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, under direction of the VP of Lending, ensures the Mortgage and Servicing Loan departments meet key performance indicators including the strategic vision of mortgage, home equity and loan servicing, fast and efficient response, provides strategic leadership, operates efficiently and within compliance standards, coaching and training, and supervision/oversight within each department, and handles special projects and varied member needs related to these areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic growth and expansion of Mortgage, Home Equity Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit and other real estate secured products as needed and identified;
- Oversees strategic partners and vendors to achieve the credit union’s balance sheet and investor sales strategies;
- Supervise, hire, train, schedule and assign work; assess performance, coach or discipline staff as needed.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Drive Lending and Departmental behaviors, activities and goals to meet credit union production levels and service delivery KPI’s.
- Coach staff on how to implement and develop action plans to obtain their goals and maintain compliance to legal, regulatory and company laws, regulations and/or policies.
- Approve loans within the parameters approved by the Board of Directors and delegated by the VP of Lending.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with vendors, third-party referral sources, contract underwriters, attorneys, appraisers, and title companies.
- Oversee Mortgage underwriting, mortgage processing, closing and the Servicing Team.
- Works in partnership with the marketing staff in developing lending products and loan promotions to achieve the credit union targeted loan volume and fee income.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Strategic Leader of Mortgage and Home Equity Lending for the credit union and achieve the portfolio and investor lending goals as prescribed by the credit union.
- To ensure Mortgage, home equity and the servicing departments are compliant to regulatory, legal and company laws, regulations and policies (including guidelines and procedures).
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To ensure departmental goals (established in conjunction with the VP of Lending) are met.
- To ensure that all approved loans comply with established policies and regulations.
- To complete performance reviews with your staff within the prescribed time frame.
- To maintain knowledge of all mortgage, home equity and loan servicing products and/or rates/fees, both within the credit union and from the industry overall.
- To hire, direct and motivate a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the daily operational needs of the department.
- To ensure mortgage, home equity and loan servicing quality control checks are completed in a timely manner with 100% accuracy.
- To provide management with accurate timely reports as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A college degree or equivalent experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with portfolio and investor first and second mortgage residential real estate lending; including third-party or vendor management skills.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have superior communication and supervisory skills.
- Must have working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; must be able to use PC and general office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.