Member Service Representative
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
Member Service Representative - Margate
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking several Member Service Representative's to join our team at our Margate Branch!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete loan interviews, applications, retrieve proper loan documentation and complete final loan closings
- Assist members by determining appropriate accounts and services to offer based on individual needs. Open and close accounts, answer member questions and resolve member problems that are within the position’s authority to resolve
- Complete maintenance on accounts (to include ATM/Debit card ordering, disputes, fraud, payroll or direct deposit issues, call 24 and pc banking)
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Promote all BSCU products and services including but not limited to BSCU extended products, mortgages, and investments
- Perform teller duties and other related duties as assigned (to include safe deposit boxes and end of the day branch balancing)
Maintain knowledge with training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months or more of similar or related experience
Education: High school education or GED
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.