Member Service Representative
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced, and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a bilingual Member Service Representative to join the team at our new Branch in Cooper City!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete loan interviews and applications, retrieve proper loan documentation, and complete final loan closings.
- Assist members by determining appropriate accounts and services to offer based on individual needs. Open and close accounts, answer member questions, and resolve member problems that are within the position’s authority to resolve.
- Complete maintenance on accounts (to include ATM/Debit card orders, disputes, fraud, payroll or direct deposit issues, call 24, and PC banking).
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Promote all BSCU products and services, including but not limited to BSCU extended products, mortgages, and investments.
- Perform teller duties and other related duties as assigned (including safe deposit boxes and end-of-the-day branch balancing).
- Maintain knowledge of BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months or more of similar or related experience
Education: High school education or GED
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important, and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Additional Skills: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications. Occasionally, this role will be required to assist and support other branch locations based on business needs.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations
may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations
may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.