Member Service Representative
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
Member Service Representative - Pembroke Pines
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Member Service Representative to join our team at the Pembroke Pines Branch!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete loan interviews, applications, retrieve proper loan documentation and complete final loan closings
- Assist members by determining appropriate accounts and services to offer based on individual needs. Open and close accounts, answer member questions and resolve member problems that are within the position’s authority to resolve
- Complete maintenance on accounts (to include ATM/Debit card ordering, disputes, fraud, payroll or direct deposit issues, call 24 and pc banking)
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Promote all BSCU products and services including but not limited to BSCU extended products, mortgages, and investments
- Perform teller duties and other related duties as assigned (to include safe deposit boxes and end of the day branch balancing)
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of regulations to credit Union products (Reg. E., Reg. CC., Reg. D.
- Truth in Savings Act, US patriot Act,etc.), and other operational regulations.
- Must have proficient keyboarding skills, calculators.
- May be required to rotate on the opening/closing and/or Saturday schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.