Member Resolutions Specialist
Member Resolution Specialist (Collections) – Monterra - Hybrid
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced, and fun.
We are currently seeking a Member Resolution Specialist to join our team in Monterra!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest service quality to internal and external members. In addition, performs in conformance with policies, procedures, and departmental goals; communicates and makes arrangements with members to facilitate the repayment of delinquent loans credit cards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Contact members by telephone and/or mail to identify and resolve repayment deficiencies and establish proper loan and credit card repayment.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Process post-charge-off in-house collection activities.
- Investigate misapplied payments and payroll deduction allocations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
2. To maintain accurate and complete collection and recovery activity records.
3. To ensure that collection activity is both within credit union policy and all relevant regulations.
4. To identify and inform management of potential underwriting problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills: Must be able to hear and speak clearly in person and by phone. Must have personal computer skills and be able to sit for long periods.
Maintain Knowledge with training:
BSA Compliance – Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within BSCU will consider the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments. Maintains knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot ACT,
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.