Member Resolution Specialist
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the chance to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Member Resolution Specialist to join our team at our Plantation office!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, performs in conformance with policies, procedures, and departmental goals; communicate and make arrangements with members to facilitate the repayment of delinquent loans credit cards.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity
- To insure that collection activity is both within credit union policy and all relevant regulations.
- To identify and inform management of potential underwriting problems.
- Contact members by telephone and/or mail to identify and resolve repayment deficiencies, and establish proper loan and credit card repayment.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Process post charge off, in-house collection activities.
- Investigate misapplied payments and payroll deduction allocations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Maintain knowledge with training.
BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience
Education: A high school diploma or GED
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation
Other Skills: Must be able to hear and speak clearly in person, and by phone. Must be computer literate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.