Member Relationship Specialist
Member Relationship Specialist – Lauderhill
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced, and fun.
We are currently seeking a Member Relationship Specialist to join our team in Lauderhill!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. Building relationships with members to help them save, borrow and assist with teller transactions. As a Member Relationship Specialist, you will introduce members to alternative and innovative ways of banking.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide members with a personalized rewarding experience by executing a variety of defined member engagement strategies through the knowledge and use of sales skills measured by member experience surveys. Confidently build relationships with members by gaining in-depth knowledge of members’ financial life priorities and connecting them to our solutions that meet their financial goals. Assist with the month-end closing process, including variance analysis, posting monthly entries, and responsible for maintaining the month-end checklist.
- Process appropriate percentage of teller transactions for the branch as defined by branch management, with a high degree of accuracy within the limits of the over/short policy. Use sales referral skills and input referrals in StarTrack.
- Process appropriate percentage of new account and account maintenance as defined by branch management, with a high degree of “Quality Assurance” accuracy within the limits of credit union policy. Use sales skills to uncover Member needs and provide credit union deposit and loan solutions. Use sales closing skills and input sales in StarTrack.
- Dependability – Accomplishes workload responsibilities in a timely manner without prompting. Takes initiative to manage and communicate absence and/or leave appropriately.
- Meet or exceed ancillary product sales referral goals.
- Attitude – Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management. Demonstrates professionalism, an optimistic and team-oriented approach to work, and the highest integrity. Maintains a professional business image and utilizes effective communication skills when representing BrightStar Credit Union.
- Complies with Credit Union policies and procedures (including BSA/US Patriots Act, OFAC, security policy, and confidentiality policy), government regulations, and other policies and procedures related to the position.
- Attend required training as directed by management. Proactively seek knowledge of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti- money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments. Maintains knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, and USA Patriot ACT.
To provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
Identify the financial needs of each member and offer a credit union solution.
Process an appropriate percentage of transactions per month based on branch volume as determined by the manager.
Do not exceed a total out-of-balance of $10 per month.
To develop and improve knowledge and skills in sales and service areas.
Engage partners for investment solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: High school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Should be an enthusiastic highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the
member. Displays passion, commitment, and drive to deliver an experience that improves our members’ financial lives. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution and building relationships.
Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Additional Skills: Adust be physically able to perform all assigned duties as outlined by description. Required to participate in the Saturday rotation schedule. Able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard. Occasionally, this role will be required to assist and support other branch locations based on business needs.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities this job requires include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1007