- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We’re dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our team in Plantation.
Work to achieve marketing objectives, coordinate marketing projects, activities and events, and manage BrightStar’s Credit Union at School/Financial Literacy programs by performing the following duties.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves written and established goals that align with the company’s strategic plan.
- Manage the Credit Union’s CU at School and Financial Literacy programs, including school visits, operational processes, seminars, public speaking and more.
- Manage and coordinate marketing projects and programs as assigned, including planning and writing promotional materials (i.e. direct mail, advertisements, literature, news releases, etc.).
- Coordinate with CU team members and outside vendors such as design firms, printers, mail-houses, etc.
- Proof, copy write, edit, brainstorm ideas, get quotes, manage vendors.
- Manage various database marketing projects.
- Update intra-net as necessary.
- Coordinate and attend events and trade shows as required.
- Assist in business development, member enrollments, off-site employee meetings and new employee orientations. Speak to individuals and groups.
- Solicit memberships, new accounts, cross-sell CU products and services.
- Represent the CU publicly in a professional manner.
- Plan and order premium items for presentations and events.
- Maintain a good understanding of all CU products and services and their related benefits.
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides great service to members every time, and achieves service goals as measured by the internal service survey and other measurement tools.
- Achieves monthly/quarterly/annual goals, projects and tasks as expected.
- Effectively coordinates and manages CU at School and Financial Literacy programs and projects in a quality, timely, error-free and consistent manner.
- Ensures communications, collateral materials and other projects are effective, on time and within budget guidelines.
- Ensures that written materials are accurate, grammatically correct, error-free, persuasive and interesting.
- Performs public speaking duties effectively and persuasively.
- Stays abreast of all CU products/services and related benefits.
- Plans and coordinates events and activities in an effective, timely and cost conscious manner; ensures an adequate supply of marketing materials are available when required for presentations and events.
- Keeps supervisor informed of key issues; works effectively with others in the Credit Union.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: The abilities to handle multiple projects and deadlines, organize events, and manage marketing projects and vendors are all required.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Must have good communication skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking.
- The ability to write copy for marketing purposes and to proof copy are required (i.e. grammar, etc.).
- Analytical skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to analyze data, marketing projects, mailing lists, marketing time-lines and various reports is required.
- Business development and/or outside sales experience is a plus.
- Financial services and/or Credit Union experience is a plus.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid Florida's Drivers License in good standing, and have own transportation available for CU purposes.
- Must be able to lift and transport collateral materials as necessary, which could include lifting up to 40 pounds and/or using handcarts to transport materials.
- Must present a professional image.
The ability to speak effectively in one-on-one or in public/group settings is required. Making group presentations and opening new member accounts in the field are required. The ability to motivate or influence others is an important part of the job. Obtaining cooperation with/from co-workers, vendors, clients and members (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job. The ability to provide great service to internal and external members is required.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace