Marketing Community Relations Coordinator
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking a Marketing Community Relations Coordinator to join our team!
To strengthen and grow member and organizational relationships through quality and timely contact. Responsible for maintenance and growth of current partner relationships and for the development of new relationships with prospective members within the community and field of membership. Attends events in the community, presents financial education at seminars, manages our CU@School program, and represents the credit union to members and prospective members. Assists with the facilitation and tracking of organizational volunteering and giving projects.
- Develops, maintains, and deepens relationships with members, prospective members, city agencies, schools, businesses, associations, and organizations. Presents information regarding the credit union’s products, services and mission. Makes financial education and other credit union presentations at CU@School locations, seminars, businesses, and school board enrollment meetings on behalf of the credit union. Attends community and business networking events both within and outside of business hours. Supports branches and lending by connecting the departments in alignment with outreach efforts including but not limited to creating a steady stream of leads connected to credit union goals.
- Tracks and reports data related to member engagement, including reporting on activities in the community with partners and members.
- Generates a steady stream of leads regarding membership, loans, and deposits through a variety of outreach strategies. Tracks and reports on these leads.
- Participates in the development of promotional strategies to meet goals; makes recommendations for improvement based on community feedback; supports and executes promotions.
- Performs other job-related duties required or assigned.
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A minimum two-year college degree desirable.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves a lot of connecting with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills: Ability to analyze new business opportunities, deal-closing instincts, research skills and creativity for developing community promotions are necessary. Must have good written and oral communication skills. Public speaking skills. Capability to utilize online programs and software efficiently to manage social media and lead pipeline. Strong organization skills. Computer literacy, skilled in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.