Loan Servicing Team Leader
- Job ID
- Mortgage Services
- Regular Full-Time
Loan Servicing Team Leader
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Loan Servicing Team Leader to join our team at BrightStar Credit Union.
The Loan Servicing Team Leader position will manage a centralized Loan Servicing unit responsible for all consumer, mortgage and commercial servicing activities for BrightStar Credit Union. Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining loss prevention controls, developing and implementing procedures, monitoring compliance, ensuring data integrity and keeping productivity and quality control on target. Provides support and assistance to other operational areas of the department as needed. Functions as an advisor to the department regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Ensures projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet deadlines or to resolve complex problems. Meets and exceeds member experience expectations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support within a team leader role assisting the manager and servicing group in its day to day functions and has a fundamental understanding of loan servicing functionalities.
- Responsible for managing tasks throughout the loan servicing process, such as processing payments, fees, letter of credit matters and other loan related questions as they arise. Liaise with department manager in mentoring fellow team members
- General knowledge of credit union and various commercial/consumer/mortgage fee based products.
- Applied knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong attending to detail, strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with good problem solving, research, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to problem-solve member complaints and to proactively meet member expectations.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change, whether indicated by the credit union needs, market or regulatory requirements
- Experienced in handling a wide range of member interactions including potential to handle difficult member situations as well as explain complex loan information
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, and USA Patriot Act including Customer/Member Identification Program, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) when setting up CIF information related to commercial accounts and identifying high risk accounts, reporting suspicious activities to Supervisor or Compliance Department.
- Ability to work with company support departments to ensure procedural consistency, adherence to internal controls and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision with ability to take ownership and follow through to resolution.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to understand the credit union’s loan policy and regulatory compliance.
- Understanding of the loan operations workflows and procedures impact to the business.
- Work on system implementations.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- General knowledge of banking and various consumer, mortgage and commercial based products.
- Good understanding of loan application policies and procedures, as well as documentation required by government regulations preferred.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Good computer, keyboard, and software application (Microsoft Word and Excel) skills.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.