Lending Risk & Compliance Analyst
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking a Lending Risk & Compliance Analyst to join our team at the Sunrise Corporate Office!
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our member’s financial lives by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position ensures that the high quality standards for loan production and servicing are maintained throughout the various lending departments. This is accomplished through risk assessment and quality control reviews of loan procedures, processes and documentation, ensuring compliance with regulatory and governmental requirements as well as accurate and complete system data.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Quality Control review of loan origination process including documentation and credit decision, as well as review of various other lending functions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, and procedure.
- Monitor and report on the quality of loans from third parties obtained through a participation in a pool subscription such as CULS, or as a designated group of whole loans from another Credit Union.
- Ensure compliance to the regulatory requirements for Fair Lending are met through periodic reviews of the risks and mitigating controls that are maintained and reported using the Risk Assessment system.
- Prepare and deliver monthly reports of quality control review findings to management, maintaining confidentiality and tactfulness throughout the process. Monitor and follow up for to ensure resolution of the issue(s) identified.
- Review residential and commercial real estate collateral for eligibility as security for FHLB and prepare required monthly and quarterly reports.
- Gather and review HMDA data from various sources ensuring the data is accurate and complete prior to submitting combined file within required time frame and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support the Lending Departments in identifying risks, documenting the controls in place and setting appropriate follow up review time frames to assess the overall risk level of the Lending Departments.
- Stay current with compliance updates and changes related to lending and document any self-identified, self-corrected findings of non-compliance along with the corrective action put in place.
- Provide appropriate compliance knowledge as a participant in projects and assist with various internal, external and regulatory audit reviews
Three to five years of similar experience
High School or Equivalent
Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
Strong knowledge of various lending processes, documentation, and regulatory requirements. Underwriting experience preferred.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a drug free workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1371