- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Lending Manager to join us in our Lending Department located in Plantation!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, under direction of the VP of Lending, ensures the Loan department meets key performance indicators including fast and efficient turn-times, operates efficiently, provides leadership, coaching and training, and supervision within the department, and handles special projects and varied member needs related to this area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, hire, train, schedule and assign work; assess performance, coach or discipline staff as needed.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Drive Lending and Departmental behaviors, activities and goals to meet production levels and service delivery KPI’s.
- Coach staff on how to implement and develop action plans to obtain their goals.
- Approve loans within the parameters approved by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with mortgage banks, contract underwriters, attorneys, appraisers, and title companies.
- Oversee Underwriting, Mortgage, Processing, Closing and Servicing Team Leaders.
- Works with the marketing staff in developing lending products and loan promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To insure departmental goals (established in conjunction with the VP of Lending) are met.
- To insure that all approved loans comply with established policies and regulations.
- To complete performance reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- To maintain knowledge of all consumer, mortgage, credit card, and commercial products and rates, both within the credit union and from the industry overall.
- To hire, direct and motivate a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the daily operational needs of the department.
- To ensure quality control checks are completed in a timely manner with 100% accuracy.
- To provide management with accurate timely reports as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A college degree or equivalent experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending; commercial lending, and consumer lending.
- Must have working knowledge of regulations.
- Must have superior communication and supervisory skills.
- Must have working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; be able to use PC and general office equipment including 10-key calculator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.