- Job ID
- Human Resources
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking an Instructional Designer to join our team at BrightStar Credit Union.
The primary function for this position will be to design, develop, and deliver a wide range of customized learning solutions in all areas of the Credit Union designed to improve operational efficiency, drive performance, and promote leadership excellence The Instructional Designer is responsible for developing high quality content for web-based training, instructor-led courses, job aids, facilitator and learner guides, performance assessments, and other tools necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of employee development. Implementing conceptual knowledge, instructional design theories, and educational resources will be necessary to assist in identifying training needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Create training programs to support employee development and new hire orientation training, including job specific, systems, product knowledge and certification training.
- Assist in conducting needs assessments and job analysis, and further, to assist in developing programs to fulfill training needs.
- Work with all departments of the Credit Union to develop standardized training.
- Follow up with employees throughout training process to assist in determining additional needs.
- Design training programs, including curriculum, facilitator guides, assessments, simulation exercises and development of quick reference guides and online tutorials.
- Research ways to monitor and improve the member experience through a variety of modalitites including video, literature, training sessions, and incentive programs.
- Keep abreast of changes to the Credit union's computer systems and software
- Prepare and maintain all training materials
- Researching and developing instructional training content (ADDIE)
- Designing and implementing training evaluation strategies to measure learning outcomes and business inpacts to the Credit Union
- Develop and create educational content using either Articulate Storyline2or Adobe Acrobat Software.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Create training programs to support employee development & new hire orientation training, including job specific, systems, product knowledge and certification training.
Assist in conducting needs assessments and job analysis, and further, to assist in developing programs to fulfill training needs
Design training programs, including outline, text, handouts, tests, exercises and development of quick reference guides and on-line tutorials
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Four to seven years of similar or related training experience in a financial institution (i.e. banking, credit union, etc.).
Thorough knowledge of the Teller position.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace