EFT Wire Transfer Specialist
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced, and fun.
We are currently seeking a Wire Transfers Specialist
to join our team at the Sunrise Office!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors' financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position is responsible for processing incoming and outgoing wires, assisting with ACH, and assisting employees with members’ complex issues related to EFT products and services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Process the daily incoming and outgoing wires following the credit union’s established procedures.
- Process the afternoon ACH files and serve as the primary backup to the ACH Specialist.
- Review and process all death notifications received from different channels.
- Process government reclamations, ACH stop payment requests, and Written Statements of Unauthorized ACH Debits according to regulations and established Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations relating to wire transfers, policies, and procedures.
- Review and update internal procedures related to the job functions.
- Assist with various EFT-related projects assigned to the department.
- Contribute to the positive working environment within the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or equivalent work experience.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with members, supervisors, and staff. Ability to multi-task and prioritize many daily functions, while working with conflicting deadlines. Must have excellent communication, member service, and human relations skills. Must have extensive knowledge of Excel and Word applications. Must have proficiency in data entry, using various applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1032