Bank Operations Electronic Funds Assistant Manager
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Bank Operations Electronic Funds Assistant Manager to join our Sunrise Operations Center!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors' financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position is responsible for providing support to the Controller on various projects, research, and/or tasks assigned, assisting the EFT Specialists in resolving and researching complex issues and maintaining effective workflow in the EFT Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Controller on all projects, financial analysis, and/or tasks assigned. The projects are related but not limited to debit cards, credit cards, EFT, Bill Pay, and mobile deposits. All projects, financial analysis, and tasks must be completed ensuring appropriate prioritizing, implementation and education to support newly developed business or processes on deadline, with minimal follow up
- Supervise daily operations of the EFT Services Department. Assign work priorities and control department workflow. Assist team members with complex issues. Assist with employees’ performance evaluations
- Coordinate projects/campaigns that will improve and promote the EFT products, including but not limited to, credit cards, debit cards, and Bill Pay
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Review and update departmental procedures, recommend procedural modifications to improve efficiency of electronic services delivery and department production. Ensure job efficiency exists through cross-training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- To provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with zero errors according to established departmental standards.
- To complete tasks within the prescribed time frame.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade
school, or equivalent experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with
others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of
giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement, initiative and tact in dealing with
members, supervisors and staff. Ability to multi-task and to prioritize many daily functions, while
working with conflicting deadlines. Must have excellent communication, member service and human
relation skills. Must have extensive knowledge of Excel and Work applications. Must have proficiency
in data entry, using various applications.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.