BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our employees and helping them reach their full potential. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced, and service-oriented. We offer a collaborative office culture and an engaging atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Digital Communications Outreach Specialist to join our Marketing team at Cooper City Headquarters.
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing internal and external members with the highest quality of service.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401K Plan with generous matching
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Floating Holidays, Personal Days & Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Advancement Opportunities - Career Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate
- BSCU Financial Discounts
- Work-Life Balance
- Wellness Program
- Recognize and Reward Hard Work
- Other Bonus Opportunities based on company performance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize digital activation campaigns with the goal of bringing in new members/loan products.
- Drive marketing automation initiatives.
- Editing, copy editing, proofreading, and developing content for traditional and digital channels.
- Use data to identify go-to-market strategy using digital, social media, and traditional channels, such as print ads and direct mail.
- Conceptualize welcome campaigns for new members, focusing on fully onboarding them within the first 30 days to showcase our benefits.
- Evaluate various tools to determine optimal audience targeting criteria for email and marketing programs and execute campaigns.
- Perform email campaign management and reporting.
- Compile reports on activation and onboarding campaign and program performance.
- Troubleshoot email campaign problems and effectively communicate solutions.
- Assist in coordinating other digital campaigns, including display advertising and cross-channel initiatives.
- Help build positive relationships with local residents, businesses, and community organizations, generating membership growth.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversion. You will leverage your expertise in social media platforms, content creation, and data analysis to optimize our online marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement social media strategies to increase brand visibility and engagement.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written) across social platforms.
- Monitor social media trends and stay updated on industry best practices.
- Utilize analytics tools to measure and report on campaign performance.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) for digital marketing efforts.
- Responsible for our online reputation management( Responds to online complaints or online social media comments)
- Responsible for all internal staff communication
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain knowledge of BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will consider the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- One to three years of similar or related experience.
- College degree in a related field.
- Software knowledge such as Image editor: Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canva Video Editor: Premiere Pro, Final Cut Express or Davinci Resolve
- Writing skills and experience writing for marketing purposes
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization to give or obtain information, build relationships, or solicit cooperation.
- Must have good communication skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, organize events, and
- Manage marketing (or related) projects and vendors are all required.
- Must be proficient with Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok
- Writing skills and experience writing for marketing purposes are required.
- Business development and/or outside sales experience is a plus.
- Financial services and/or Credit Union experience is a plus.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid Florida Driver’s License in good standing, and have own transportation available for CU purposes.
- Must be able to lift and transport collateral materials as necessary, including lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Must present a professional image and provide great member service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.