Digital Communications & Community Outreach Specialist
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
Digital Communications and Community Outreach Specialist
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
- Conceptualize digital activation campaigns with the goal of bringing in new members/loan products
- Drive marketing automation initiatives
- Editing, copy editing, proofreading, and developing content for traditional and digital channels
- Use data to identify go to market strategy, using digital, Social media and traditional channels, such as print ads, direct mail
- Conceptualize welcome campaigns for new members with a focus on fully onboarding them within the first 30 days to showcase our benefits
- Evaluate a variety of tools to determine optimal audience targeting criteria for email and marketing programs, and execute campaigns
- Perform email campaign management and reporting
- Compile reports on activation and onboarding campaign and program performance
- Troubleshoot email campaign problems and effectively communicate solutions
- Assist in coordination of other digital campaigns, including display advertising and cross-channel initiatives
- Help build positive relationships with local residents, businesses, community organizations generating membership growth.
- Participates in team fundraising strategies and opportunities and provide support and team leadership to the Association’s annual support campaign
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience
Education: College degree in a related field
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Must have good communication skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking.
- Proficient with use of personal computer.
- Bilingual is a plus
- The abilities to handle multiple projects and deadlines, organize events, and
- Manage marketing (or related) projects and vendors are all required.
- Software knowledge such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and QuarkXPress, are required.
- Writing skills and experience writing for marketing purposes are required.
- Business development and/or outside sales experience is a plus.
- Financial services and/or Credit Union experience is a plus.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid Florida's Driver’s License in good standing, and have own transportation available for CU purposes.
- Must be able to lift and transport collateral materials as necessary.
- Must present a professional image and provide great member service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.