Credit Union Greeter - Intern
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking Interns to fill the position of Credit Union Greeters to join us at various branch locations in Hollywood – Pembroke Pines – Lauderhill – Davie - Pompano & Margate!
This position serves as Credit Union Liaison responsible for greeting and assisting members upon entering the branch and thanking them as they leave. Additionally, the Greeter/Teller will perform a variety of teller related work, including receiving and handling of deposit checks and payments when needed.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome members to the branch and determine the reason for their visit/direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance
- Professionally handles questions about scheduling appointments and assists members arriving for appointments
- Effectively educate and guide the customers to enhance the usage of the bank's alternative delivery channels.
- Becomes familiar with products and services
- Provides assistance with photocopying, faxing, filing and distribution of information/documents
- Follow all Credit Union policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with the Credit Unions procedure
- Other duties may be assigned
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service attitude required
- Computer skills & good reading comprehension aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to drive to all locations as per business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.