- Job ID
- Human Resources
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the chance to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Trainer to join our team at our Sunrise office!
We are seeking a talented, results-driven professional who is passionate about empowering employees to achieve their full potential. The primary function for this position will be to create a positive and interactive learning environment and provide training support in all areas of the Credit Union. This employee will possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with staff at all levels. Initiative and discernment will be necessary to assist in identifying training needs throughout BrightStar Credit Union. This position is high profile and impactful across all lines of our organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide new employee orientation including computer inquiry training, telephone skills, product knowledge self-check, and Word/Excel training.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Work as needed at any facility of BrightStar to assist in conducting needs assessments and job analysis, and further, to assist in developing programs to fulfill the training needs.
- Work with all departments of the BrightStar Credit Union to develop standardized new employee training.
- Follow up with new employees throughout training process to assist in determining additional training needs.
- Assist in coordinating team meetings at all facilities, preparing and distributing the material, and videotape the sessions as well as produce (if needed) DVD’s for BrightStar Credit Union wide distribution.
- Research ways to monitor and improve customer service through a variety of modalities including video, literature and training sessions.
- Keep abreast of changes to the BrightStar Credit Union's computer systems and software.
- Work with the Compliance Officer to coordinate required regulatory training.
- Maintain complete records of classes/seminars/schools attended by each employee for both their personnel files and for compliance training records.
- Prepare and maintain all training materials.
- Monitor ongoing product knowledge profile updates.
- Assist with administrative tasks within the LMS (BVS) to include Instructor-led curriculum, and learning program structures.
- Researching and developing instructional training content (ADDIE).Designing and implementing training evaluation strategies to measure learning outcomes and business impacts to BrightStar.
- Develop and create educational content using either Articulate Storyline2 or Adobe Acrobat Software.
Competencies: Problem Solving, Member Focused, Action Oriented, Collaborative, Communicates Effectively, Drives Engagement, Instills Trust, Demonstrates Self-Awareness, Respectful, Knowledgeable, Influential, Enthusiastic and Empathetic.
Maintain knowledge with training:
BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements:
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related training experience in a financial institution (i.e. banking, credit union, etc.) Thorough knowledge of the Teller position.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Additional Preferred Education
- Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) credential.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work will involve motivating, influencing and training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Additional Skills: The ideal candidate must be flexible as well as teachable. A positive mindset is a must. Continually develop a learning approach for improvement and self-growth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. A significant amount of standing for long periods of time displaying a high level of energy, engagement and enthusiasm. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.