- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar is seeking a Core Analyst to join the team at our
Sunrise Corporate Office!
This position is responsible for operation and maintenance of the Credit Union's core operating systems. Specifies, designs, implements, tests, debugs, and supports software applications. Designs database integration services and front-end GUI code that support department procedures and standards.
- Performs installation, configuration, and maintenance on the Credit Union's core financial processing system and mortgage servicing system.
- Installs and tests upgrades for the core applications. Assists with upgrades to the operating system on which the core application runs.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware, software, and connectivity problems for the full range of system related issues including system crashes.
- Acts as contact for any system problems that occur during processing or that are reported by users.
- Analyzes, documents problems, and recommends solutions and initiate corrective action.
- Analyzes and assesses existing systems and procedures with an eye toward identifying inefficiencies and finding ways to improve them.
- Recommends and performs purging of data on a periodic basis.
- Updates and copies the production database to the test database on a periodic time-frame. Writes, modifies, tests, and maintains back-office job scripts and job plans/schedules on the core financial processing system using Core software programming language.
- Writes, modifies and maintains the key Core applications using programming languages to comply with system changes and new credit union specifications.
- Develops software programs utilizing core software language to accommodate requests by business units such as but not limited to automated work-flows, postings, reports and on-demand business processes.
- Analyzes, collects data, tests and implements project requests that received by Project management team. Assists in gathering requirements for projects, attends meetings to obtain necessary information and direction to proceed with the development and success of project. Obtains accurate information and conducts thorough testing on all projects.
- Provides mentoring and training to other members of the Core Services team regarding architecture and development of host processes.
- Establishes internal controls necessary to safeguard information stored within computer system.
- Understands and adheres to all department policies, including such items as project request updating (time and comments), deployment procedures, code review, weekly project updates to management.
- Participates in the Information Technology Division's on-call rotation.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current trends, laws, and issues affecting area of expertise. Attends educational events that will increase professional knowledge and be otherwise beneficial to the Credit Union.
- Perform yearly disaster recovery testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field. (A comparable combination of work experience and training may be substituted for education requirements.
- General knowledge and understanding of relational/hierarchical database concepts. Two or more years of Financial experience is desired Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Able to analyze and resolve difficult problems and situations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job. Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities. Good knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software applications required to perform job duties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendors, and government regulators.
- Able to influence others through explanation of facts, policies, and practices. Works independently with general supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Vision requirements include close and classroom vision. Periodically required to travel by automobile. Periodically required to work other than normal business hours.
BrightStar Credit Union is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.