Commerical Portfolio Administrator
- Job ID
- Commercial Services
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We are dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Portfolio Administrator to join our team at BrightStar Credit Union.
The primary function of the Portfolio Administrator is to ensure that our MBL Loan Portfolio is fiscally sound. The Portfolio Administrator position is focused on managing a large and/or complex credit portfolio of Business and Commercial Banking/Lending members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing an unbiased and independent assessment of each respective loan within the portfolio.
- Properly track loan covenants, property taxes and insurance, in order to ensure each relationship is compliant with the requirements of their loan agreement.
- Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- Reviewing each loan that has been originated for FHLB Eligibility.
- Accountable for portfolio monitoring, renewals, annual reviews and cross-selling/uncovering new opportunities for further relationship deepening.
- Working with Management and fellow team members to monitor and grow Business Commercial Banking/Lending relationships.
- Work with members directly in order to understand credit needs and represents the Credit Union in developing and maintaining member relationships.
- May periodically assist with departmental risk management duties and managing overall account relationships.
- Responsibilities may also include training, supervision and/or mentoring of fellow team members.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- 5+ years of Business/Commercial Banking experience.
- Credit Analysis experience, Relationship Management experience, or a combination of both.
- Display excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Commercial Credit analysis with an enhanced focus on Commercial Real Estate.
- Comprehension of Global Cash Flow Analysis and how it relates to the credit risk of each respective loan within our portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree, at a minimum:
- Industry experience may be considered in lieu of formal collegiate education
- Formal Credit Training.
- 5+ years in Commercial Lending experience with credits in excess of $3MM.
- Prior work experience in a Community Bank or Credit Union preferred.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.