Collections Team Leader
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Collections Team Leader to join us in our collections department!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbor’s financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In conformance with policies, procedures, and departmental goals; leading a member resolution team, and communicate and make arrangements with members to facilitate the repayment of delinquent loans and credit cards.
- Provide leadership to the Member Resolution collection staff as follows: Assisting in staffing, staff training, and performance management, coaching and mentoring. Perform call monitoring and provide feedback to the staff.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by the credit union’s Service Standards and Promises and present process improvement ideas to management.
- Oversee the Member Resolution collection staff to contact members by telephone and/or mail to identify and resolve repayment deficiencies, and establish proper loan and credit card repayment. Maintaining daily, weekly and monthly delinquency reports. Balance debit card GL daily.
- Actively review the Member Resolution collection staff’s Queues to insure KPI’s are met and recommend to the Member Resolution Manager legal, repossession, skip tracing and other actions to assist in initiating and monitoring special collection activities.
- Oversee the following: order and review of credit bureau reports, provide credit bureau information through approved sources, process manual corrections to credit bureaus, process modifications and TDR’s in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Investigates and reports on member complaints. This includes any complaints members make to the credit union’s regulatory agencies.
- Investigate credit card disputes/charge-backs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years or more of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course(s) of study at a business or trade
school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house
training or apprenticeship program.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Fair Debit Collection Practices Act which prohibits debt collectors from using
abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices to collect.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact
with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information,
building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Additional Skills: Must have good communication skills, preferred experience in Akcelerant collections platform. Must be
proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.