Commercial Relationship Manager
- Job ID
- Commercial Services
- Regular Full-Time
Commercial Relationship Leader
The Commercial Relationship Leader (BML) is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring, expanding and retaining Commercial Business Member relationships by maximizing sales opportunities in an assigned territory. Ensure a world-class member experience for all current and prospective members.
- Achieve desired sales and service production targets.
- Develop and execute an integrated and comprehensive territory (3-4 branches) sales plan to achieve desired results. Emphasize acquisition of new members. Target specific industries in alignment with the credit union risk appetite.
- Activate and energize territory partners to execute sales plan.
- Develop a Center of Influence (COI) network by engaging in business networking and community activities. The BML will actively represent the credit union in the business community, generate business leads and close business opportunities. Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the credit union is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing multi-product solutions to the small business community. Maintain frequent interaction with COIs, diverse industry segments, community leaders and senior business contacts.
- Proactively manage portfolio of assigned high value clients. Expand member business member relationships by identifying needs and maximizing opportunities. Ensure member satisfaction and retention. Cross-sell and refer to other business segments.
- Source and provide credit solutions for prospects and members. The BML develops credit structure and full credit packages including the deal summary memo for total credit exposure up to $1M. Follow up on credit referrals up to $1M from Branch Managers and Commercial Relationship Officers. Work with Branch staff and members on preparing proper credit structure and credit package.
- Deliver client satisfaction and relationship growth and development. Be primary point of contact.
- Effectively leverage, coordinate and organize targeted marketing campaigns, events and new product launches to drive sales activities and fulfill member needs across territory.
- Develop small business skills of assigned territory team, primarily Branch Managers, through execution of joint sales activities and ongoing training. Provide ongoing coaching to Branch staff and partners in assigned territory to effectively identify referral opportunities.
- Foster teamwork, collaboration and small business knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive member experience.
- Provide Product Specialists (Merchant Services, Payroll, Remote Deposit Capture, etc.) with qualified referrals. Assist through closing.
- Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening and credit protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal and government regulations.
- Spend majority of time in the field, on sales appointments, generating leads to new opportunities and closing business
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
Skills: Commercial lending background is a must.
Minimum 3 years banking experience, preferably 2 in Business Banking.
Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe, listen, clarify and present information to advance sales
transactions, deepen relationships.
Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate complex financial and company operating information.
Credit certified in small business banking.
Strong presentation skills
Strong outbound calling and cold calling skills
Interpersonal skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Scope of work will
include access to sensitive data and financial perspectives requiring extreme confidentiality. Communication may
involve motivating or influencing organizational leaders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a drug free workplace.