Business Development Officer
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
Business Development Officer
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We’re dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is member service oriented, fast-paced and fun.
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Business Development Officer (BDO) to establish and cultivate relationships with prospects and generate new clients for business loan accounts. In addition to Broward and Palm Beach County, our organization has expanded its field-of-membership markets in Florida to include the following counties: Dade, Martin, Saint Lucie, Collier and Lee. The BDO is responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow business loan accounts throughout our newly expanded field-of –membership territories and maintain relationships with members of the community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving sales focus for developing business loans, business lines of credit, commercial real estate loans, operating accounts, cash management and other payment services, and various other CU consumer products and services offered.
- Creating a strategy to increase membership growth in our newly expanded areas.
- Developing reports to communicate results.
- Providing recommendations to enhance the credit union’s community and industry awareness.
- Assisting with all community engagement and sponsorship opportunities.
- Educating existing and potential members about the benefits of BSCU membership.
Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Three years of business development experience; preferable with a financial institution.
- College degree in business, finance or a related field.
- Extensive business sales and/or client management experience with a proven history of closing sales.
- Strong communication, organization, and public speaking skills.
- An upbeat personality and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Thorough understanding of credit union products and services.
- Up to 90% of travel required throughout field-of-membership territories.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.