BSA Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is seeking a
BSA Compliance Specialist to join our Fraud/Compliance Department at our
Sunrise Corporate Office!
The BSA Secrecy Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program. This position performs various quality control reviews and monitoring pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Credit Union’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review large cash transaction reports for any possible omission of the Currency Transaction Reports (CTR).
- Review and identify suspicious transaction activity and complete Suspicious Transaction Reports (SAR) when warranted accurately and timely.
- Conduct initial and ongoing high-risk member account reviews to determine suspicious activity.
- Investigate alerts produced by BSA software, decides on further action if appropriate.
- Conduct due diligence utilizing internal and external resources to determine appropriate action.
- Assist Compliance and Risk Manager with regulatory audits and examinations as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To ensure that the credit union suffers no losses due to failure to comply with BSA/AML operational procedures, regulations, and applicable laws.
- Maintain knowledge with training.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills.
Physical Requirements : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.