Branch Manager - Pompano Beach
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BRANCH MANAGER - POMPANO
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the chance to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Branch Manager to join our team at our Pompano Branch!
The primary purpose of the position is to lead the Pompano team and successfully assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. Additionally, responsibilities for the Branch Manager position includes directing the operations of a large, remote Credit Union facility, and ensuring the branch meets organizational financial, operational, service, and growth plans. This position also has limited lending authority.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure staff identifies the financial needs of members and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Direct, develop, motivate, hire and discipline branch personnel.
- Administer performance evaluations and recommend appropriate personnel actions.
- Underwrite consumer loans up to the amount assigned per credit union policy; review and approve underwriting decisions of subordinate personnel.
- Maintain communications with main office; prepare and submit standard reports; attend scheduled management meetings.
- Monitor branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Represent the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions, and similar groups.
- Monitor all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business school.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.