Assistant Head Teller
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
We are currently seeking an Assistant Head Teller to join our team at the Margate Branch!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist our growing membership and community in meeting their financial needs and goals by educating everyone on BrightStar's superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position assists members with their financial transactions involving cash and other negotiable instruments. Must be able to perform all Head Teller duties in the absence of the Head Teller.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Receives and processes all member financial transactions, including posting transactions accurately to the member accounts and maintaining member records, balancing cash drawer and daily transactions, ensuring the night depository is completed under dual control, assist in performing all end-of-day branch balancing, including the coin machine and ensuring checks are scanned and placed in courier bin. In the absence of the Head Teller, the Asst. Head Teller will assume responsibility for cash in the branch and will order the weekly shipment, ensure the ATM and TCD is balanced and replenished under dual control. To balance consistently and in a timely manner.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Schedules, trains, and monitors the work of other tellers, gives input with performance reviews, coordinates teller activities, assist with teller out-of-balances, monitors department activities for compliance within established policy and regulations.
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest products or services that will meet their needs.
- Provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate departments for specific information and service. Promotes all credit union products and services and may be required to open accounts based on branch assignment.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous task and related duties as assigned including answering the phone and ordering supplies.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.