Assistant Head Teller
- Job ID
- Branch Banking
- Regular Full-Time
The primary purpose of this position is to assist our growing membership and community in meeting their financial needs and goals by educating everyone on BrightStar's superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position assists members with their financial transactions involving cash and other negotiable instruments. Must be able to perform all Head Teller duties in the absence of the Head Teller.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Receives and processes all member financial transactions, including posting transactions accurately to the member accounts and maintaining member records, balancing cash drawer and daily transactions, ensuring the night depository is completed under dual control, assist in performing all end-of-day branch balancing, including the coin machine and ensuring checks are scanned and placed in courier bin. In the absence of the Head Teller, the Asst. Head Teller will assume responsibility for cash in the branch and will order the weekly shipment, ensure the ATM and TCD is balanced and replenished under dual control. To balance consistently and in a timely manner.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Schedules, trains, and monitors the work of other tellers, gives input with performance reviews, coordinates teller activities, assist with teller out-of-balances, monitors department activities for compliance within established policy and regulations.
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest products or services that will meet their needs.
- Provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate departments for specific information and service. Promotes all credit union products and services and may be required to open accounts based on branch assignment.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous task and related duties as assigned including answering the phone and ordering supplies.
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contact with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.