Assistant Branch Manager
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced, and service-oriented.
BrightStar is currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to join the team at our Hollywood Branch!
The position’s primary purpose is to support the Hollywood Branch Manager and team members in successfully assisting the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering superior products and services. Responsibilities for the Assistant Branch Manager include coordinating and supervising branch cash and operations and supporting the Branch Manager’s efforts in meeting organizational financial, operational, service, and growth plans. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to manage the branch in the absence of the manager and provide outstanding service to each internal and external member, as defined by our Service Standards and Promises. The individual in this role must communicate effectively with members and employees.
- Coordinates MSR and teller operations and schedules. Supervises the maintenance and balancing of inventory items, performs cash audits, and ensures that the branch has been balanced and closed properly daily.
- Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Provides coaching – Can interpret performance results, find opportunities to drive success, and hold others accountable for results. Delivering and presenting a Bright Service environment and coaching to an exceptional Bright Conversation. Identify the member’s financial needs and suggest a product or service to meet them.
- Responsible for the security of assigned branch employees, members, and assets; inventory control and accounting of branch cash and cash equivalents; compliance with all federal and state regulations; quality of branch audits; compliance with standard credit union operating policies and procedures.
- Provides outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Completes loan interviews and applications, retrieves proper loan documentation, and completes final loan closings.
- Supports the skills and development of all front-line staff to offer solutions to improve our members’ financial lives. Represents the branch appropriately in its relationships with members, suppliers, other financial institutions, partner organizations, and other similar groups.
- Follows appropriate credit union procedures to ensure that the vault, office, and other designated areas are secured when opening and closing the office during business hours. Assists in conducting monthly security checks for the branch; also rotates on Saturday schedule.
- Maintain knowledge with B.S.A. Compliance training.
•In addition to any other assigned training courses, online B.S.A. and O.F.A.C. courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and Compliance Department.
•Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, U.S.A. Patriot Act, O.F.A.C., Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Expectations of Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education Two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills Must be an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the member's best interest. Displays passion, commitment, and drive to deliver an experience that improves our members’ financial lives. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization for first-level conflict resolution and building relationships. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
Other Skills- Must have good communication skills and Working knowledge of regulations to credit Union products (Reg. E., Reg. CC., Reg. D. Truth in Savings Act, US Patriot Act, etc.), and other operational regulations. Must have proficient keyboarding skills and calculators. Will be required to rotate on the opening/closing and Saturday schedule.
Occasionally, this role will be required to assist and support other branch locations based on business needs.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.