Assistant Branch Manager
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and feel a sense of belonging. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced, and fun.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to join our team at our
The primary purpose of the position is to support the Sunrise Branch Manager and team members in successfully assisting the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering superior products and services. Responsibilities for the Assistant Branch Manager include: coordinating and supervising branch cash and operations, as well as supporting the Branch Manager’s efforts in meeting organizational financial, operational, service, and growth plans. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to manage the branch in the absence of the manager and provide outstanding service to each internal and external member, as defined by our Service Standards and Promises. It is essential that the individual in this role communicate effectively with members and employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates MSR and teller operations and schedules. Supervises the maintenance and balancing of inventory items, performs cash audits, and ensures that the branch has been balanced and closed properly on a daily basis.
- Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Provides coaching – Can interpret performance results, find opportunities to drive success, and hold others accountable for results. Delivering and presenting a Bright Service environment and coaching to an exceptional Bright Conversation. Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Responsible for the security of assigned branch employees, members, and assets; inventory control and accounting of branch cash and cash equivalents; compliance with all federal and state regulations; quality of branch audits; compliance with standard credit union operating policies and procedures.
- Provides outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Completes loan interviews, and applications, retrieves proper loan documentation, and completes final loan closings.
- Supports the skills and development of all front-line staff to offer solutions to improve our members’ financial lives. Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, suppliers, other financial institutions, partner organizations, and another similar groups.
- Follows appropriate credit union procedures to ensure that vault, office, and other designated areas are secured, when opening and closing the office and during business hours. Assists in conducting monthly security checks for the branch; also rotates on Saturday schedule.
- To provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- Identify the financial needs of each member and offer a credit union solution.
- To maintain and develop a qualified staff sufficient to meet the needs of members.
- To ensure an appropriate percentage (based on branch volume), of all new product goals, loan funding and referral goals have been accomplished by the branch.
- To develop and maintain business partner relationships within the community and area schools.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: Must be an enthusiastic highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the member. Displays passion, commitment, and drive to deliver an experience that improves our members’ financial lives. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution and building relationships. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication
Additional Skills: Must have good communication skills and Working knowledge of regulations to credit Union products (Reg. E., Reg. CC., Reg. D. Truth in Savings Act, US Patriot Act, etc.), and other operational regulations. Must have proficient keyboarding skills, and calculators. Will be required to rotate on the opening/closing and/or Saturday schedule. Occasionally, this role will be required to assist and support other branch locations based on business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1030