ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER - LAUDERHILL
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to join our team at our Lauderhill Branch!
The primary purpose of the position is to support the Lauderhill Branch Manager and team members in successfully assisting the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering superior products and services. Responsibilities for the Assistant Branch Manager position include: coordinating and supervising branch cash and operations, as well as supporting the Branch Manager’s efforts in meeting organizational financial, operational, service and growth plans. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to manage the branch in the absence of the manager and provide outstanding service to each internal and external member, as defined by our Service Standards and Promises. It is essential that the individual in this role communicate effectively with members and employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates MSR and teller operations and schedules. Supervises the maintenance and balancing of inventory items, performs cash audits, and ensures that the branch has been balanced and closed properly on a daily basis.
- Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Directs, develops, motivates and disciplines branch personnel and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Provides outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Identifies the financial needs of the members and suggests a product or service that will meet their needs.
- Opens and services all types of accounts and promotes all BSCU products and services, including investment referrals.
- Completes loan interviews, applications, retrieves proper loan documentation, and completes final loan closings.
- Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, suppliers, other financial institutions, partner organizations, and other similar groups.
- Follows appropriate credit union procedures to ensure that vault, office and other designated areas are secured, when opening and closing the office and during business hours. Assists in conducting monthly security checks for the branch; also rotate on Saturday schedule.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical.
Additional Skills: Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
BrightStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Status: Full Time