- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to join our team at the Sunrise Office!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. Represents the credit union in a professional manner when greeting members and the general public on the phone and in person, insuring that they are directed to someone who can provide them with assistance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Executive Assistant. Will assist the Executive Assistant with administrative tasks and maintain confidentiality with all tasks.
- Answers telephone and direct callers to appropriate employee. Receives mail and packages ensuring delivery to the appropriate recipient.
- Greets the public when they come into the Credit Union. Determines the member/visitor needs and directs them to the appropriate person. Monitors visitor access and maintains security awareness.
- Maintains assigned records, files and reports. Assists with a variety of administrative tasks and Operation reports while utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Supports overflow needs both within and outside the department, as time allows. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge with training:
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act
- To provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- Identify the financial needs of each member and offer a credit union solution.
- To answer the telephone and greet all members and associates in an accurate, courteous, friendly, and professional manager.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with assignments utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Assist the Executive Assistant with management calendaring tasks.
- To answer all telephone calls with (3) rings and direct all phone calls to the appropriate person with minimum transfers.
- To maintain a professional appearance and demeanor for greeting visitors.
- To maintain all assigned files so they are current, with items filed daily.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Other Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), keyboard and 10 key calculator skills and multi-line phone system operations. Must display a confident, friendly voice and good diction. Typing skills utilizing Word at 40 words per minute or higher. Must be able to work dependently and possess excellent telephone etiquette.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.