Accounting Specialist (Fedline)
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
Accounting Specialist (Fedline)
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Specialist (Fedline) to join our team at the Sunrise Corporate Office.
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our membership and communities financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, responsibilities include a variety of accounting duties, posting of transactions to general ledger, preparation of monthly reports on personal computer, various monthly reconcilements and maintenance of the Federal Reserve account and software.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises. An individual in this position is required to interact with all credit union employees and external members; therefore, outstanding interpersonal skills are essential.
- Reconciliation of various accounts.
- Daily balancing of the Federal Reserve statement. Verifies amounts to be wired for same day settlement at designated banks. Maintains Fedline balances and determines amount to be transferred at day end to maintain adequate but not excessive balance at the Federal Reserve.
- Daily reconciles corporate credit union account.
- Maintains daily cash management reports.
- Daily reconciles teller exchange and teller suspense general ledger accounts.
- Weekly maintenance of the CETO Reclassification Module.
- Serves as back-up for Accounts Payable and Accounting Specialist job functions and maintains own job function procedures.
- Assist with month end-end closing process.
- Performs and transmits the FR2900 Report quarterly.
- Reviews the hold files and ensures timely posting of its contents to the General Ledger.
- Daily balancing of official/cashier’s checks to the mainframe system. Initiates daily transmittals to MoneyGram to settle for cashier’s checks.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies with MoneyGram timely.
- Maintain knowledge with BSA Compliance training:
- Every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One to three years of general ledger accounting experience preferred. Strong MS Windows, MS Excel, and MS Outlook skills are required. Familiarity with Fiserv Spectrum or Prologue systems preferred.
Education: A four-year college degree in accounting/finance/business or equivalent is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information
Other Skills: College Accounting coursework. Proficiency at 10 key calculator operation. Proficiency in data entry using a computer keyboard. Clear concise communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.