BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Service Agent to join the Member Service Center at BrightStar Credit Union!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. The primary role of a Service Agent is to accept and process telephone and online requests, explain services, resolve problems, sell, and direct calls/requests to the appropriate area - and to perform non-phone duties within specified time frames as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Actively seek ways to "WOW" and impress members with great service, in keeping with BrightStar Credit Union's Service Mission while living our Service Promises.
* Sell Credit Union products and services to meet member and potential member needs.
* Respond to inquiries and requests for information, including account information, basic IRA questions, loan questions and more.
* Resolve member problems.
* Accept and process new memberships and account/loan applications.
* Perform transactions for members, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and more.
Experience: Two years of call center or related experience (i.e. member/customer service) is required; credit union or other financial institution experience is preferred.
Education: High School diploma
Interpersonal Skills: Professionalism, Courtesy, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to provide great service are essential elements of the job. Empathy, the ability to understand member needs, the ability to listen, and the ability to sell are required. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization regarding giving or obtaining information which requires effective and clear verbal communication.
* Excellent telephone skills, including vocal presentation; excellent written communication skills
* Ability to thrive and be motivated in a goal-oriented environment * Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of members and the Credit Union
* Ability to work quickly and accurately and handle a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to operate a personal computer, including a keyboard, mouse, internet browsers and other software; ability to operate a 10-key calculator and typewriter; ability to sit for long hours * Good analytical & organizational skills; detail oriented