BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Part-time peak service hour Teller to join our team at our Lauderhill Branch!
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* To accurately process deposits (including night depository), withdraws, check cashing, money orders, traveler's checks, official/cashier checks, coin redemption, loan disbursements, loan payments, ATM card pinning, IRA transactions, credit card advances and payments. To balance consistently and in a timely manner.
* Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Assist members with information and promotes all BRIGHTSTAR CREDIT UNION products and services.
* Assists in performing all end of day branch balancing (including but not limited to the following): Money orders, official/cashier's checks, credit card advances, traveler's checks, ensuring checks are balanced, scanned and placed in courier box.
* Responsible for keeping an organized workstation.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements * Six months of similar or related Teller/Cash handling experience * High school education or GED * Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. * Other Skills: Must be physically able to perform all assigned duties as outlined by description. Must be able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.